Crunchy Brownie Brittle Recipe===
Brownie brittle is a perfect snack for any occasion. It is a crunchy and thin cookie-like dessert that has all the rich and chocolatey flavor of a brownie. It’s easy to make and is a treat that everyone will enjoy. Here is a recipe for making the perfect crunchy brownie brittle.
Ingredients and Measurements for Crunchy Brownie Brittle
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Brownie Brittle
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to the melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Spread the batter as thinly as possible on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the brittle is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Break the brittle into small pieces and serve.
Tips for Achieving Perfect Crunchy Brownie Brittle
To make the perfect crunchy brownie brittle, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Spread the batter as thinly as possible, so it bakes evenly.
- Do not overmix the batter as it can make the brittle tough.
- Let the brittle cool completely before breaking it into pieces.
- Store the brittle in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
Variations to the Classic Brownie Brittle Recipe
If you want to mix up the classic brownie brittle recipe, here are some variations you can try:
- Add chopped nuts like almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts to the batter.
- Stir in chocolate chips to give it an extra chocolatey flavor.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt on top for a sweet and salty combination.
- Try replacing the vanilla extract with flavored extracts like almond or peppermint for a twist.
Serving Suggestions and Pairings for Brownie Brittle
Brownie brittle is an excellent snack on its own, but it can also be paired with other treats like:
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- Peanut butter
Storing and Preserving Brownie Brittle
To keep your brownie brittle fresh, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also freeze it for up to three months.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Making Brownie Brittle
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when making brownie brittle:
- Overmixing the batter
- Not spreading the batter thinly enough
- Not letting the brittle cool completely before breaking it
- Not storing it in an airtight container
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Brownie Brittle
Q: Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
A: Yes, you can use salted butter, but reduce the added salt in the recipe.
Q: Can I add more sugar to make it sweeter?
A: You can add more sugar, but be careful not to add too much as it can change the texture of the brittle.
Q: How thin should I spread the batter?
A: The batter should be spread as thinly as possible, so it bakes evenly.
How to Modify the Recipe to Suit Dietary Restrictions
If you want to make brownie brittle that suits your dietary restrictions, here are some modifications you can make:
- Use gluten-free all-purpose flour for a gluten-free version.
- Use coconut sugar instead of granulated sugar for a refined sugar-free version.
- Use vegan butter and flax eggs for a vegan version.
Brownie Brittle Recipe Reviews and Recommendations
This recipe has received many positive reviews from those who have tried it. Many people recommend adding chocolate chips to the batter for an extra chocolatey flavor.
Conclusion: Brownie Brittle for Snacking and Gifting
Brownie brittle is a delicious and easy snack that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is easy to make and has many variations to try out. It’s a great gift idea or a treat for yourself. Try out this recipe today and enjoy the crunchy and chocolatey goodness.